Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Lil Somethin' Extra in my News Today

I don't ask for much.  I don't expect much.  That way I'm not disappointed.  I subscribe to our city newspaper even though most of it is news I have already located online. I don't always care for the politics but that's not really relevant to this story.  There is something about physically turning over each page in a newspaper that I find satisfying.  Tactile.  Can't get that from my Kindle. Today I got to the OpEd section of my Dayton Daily Worker News only to find someone had been there prior to me; someone who was eating breakfast.  What's that glob?  Why it's apricot jam.  How interesting.  Devoted Spouse saw me pull out the crutch, the camera, and open the paper and his words were:  "You can tell them you keep me around for my entertainment value."  Oh crap on a crutch.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love that man! Great sense of humor. I keep offering to buy my husband one for Christmas.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Glad he realizes why you keep him around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steppin... sorry took me so long to get to you - I've been neglecting this blog -- Devoted Spouse knows I keep him for his entertainment value! ;)

    ReplyDelete