Saturday, March 20, 2010

How Can Something So Simple Be So Difficult?

All I wanted to do was follow a blog - a nice blog made up of lovely writers who have asked me to maybe join them occasionally - so I followed their blog.  The problem was I wanted my regular name Linda (since everybody knows my name {shades of Cheers} to be linked to my photo.)  But, no, that wasn't what Google wanted to do.  Google put my "nickname" in which I listed on my Google profile as Croneandbearit since that's how folks know me from my main blog.  Are you with me so far?  I tried to edit my profile, I saved my changes, I went back to this lovely new blog, still under construction, and who am I showing up as now?  LKay - well LKay is from my gmail address - Gah....trotting back to Google and trying again.  I type in "Linda", I hit save changes, I close it out, I go BACK to the lovely new blogging venture Words of Wisdom (plug, plug - Sandy & Pam are good people) and there is my picture as one of their followers and the name attached is STILL Croneandbearit.  Gah...I email Sandy and laugh like a hyena as I am telling her of my name woes.  And then I just give up and live with it.  I know by now Sandy is convinced I am a raving lunatic from all my emails.  She's probably regretting inviting me to the new blog.  Sigh... I'm technologically challenged today and there are other things to do.  Oh crap on a crutch.


6 comments:

  1. SOMETIMES it may take a lil while for these type of changes to take effect? Maybe recheck it in an hour or so? Just my two cents... and I do mean two cents, as it may be worth about that much. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bb - I'm almost afraid to re-check for fear it will say "Stupid Woman Who Can't Make Up Her Mind What The Heck Her Name Is" ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regret inviting you?? Never! You make me laugh every day and it's people like YOU that we want as part of our Tribe. Plus you know how much I love EmmaLou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy thanks for putting up with me and my nonsense. Ooooh do we get Tribe buffs like on Survivor? EmmaLou needs her own blog - I swear people come over to Crone and Bear It just to see if I've posted something naughty she has done not to read my excellent witty take on life. (sarcasm) ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck it took me 4 months to learn how to put music on my MP3 player, and now a week to get it put on to iTunes, so that I could download it to my iPhone. But the only reason it took a week was because I had only recently figured out how to download it all to the laptop.

    All of this sucks anyway and maybe we just did not know when we had it so easy. This is why our stress levels are so high. I mean look at how many people still cannot reset their clocks on all of their equipment. I gave up and just try to remember if that clock has jumped ahead or stayed behind. Okay, I am just being too lazy and should reset them, but I love confusing the heck out of people who visit. Although I do know people who truly do not know how to fix their clocks and you better have your own watch with you when you visit. Although I never wear watches any more because I use my cell phone to tell me the time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrsupole - wait we're supposed to re-set the clocks? oh crap on a crutch...

    ReplyDelete