Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Maybe Omaha Steaks Need to Diet...

Went to my fav place...Omaha Steaks to pick up some manly-man carnivorous red meat for Devoted Spouse and some fabulous marinated salmon for me.  We have that new, terribly-expensive-not-quite-paid-for-yet French Door refrigerator as my 11 faithful readers from Crone and Bear It are aware.  We unpack the large bag of foodstuffs and begin to put the boxes (yes Omaha Steaks packs all its food in nice cardboard boxes) into the freezer.  But the boxes are too large to fit in the freezer so out they come.  Devoted Spouse opens all the boxes and I had to do the magic freezer prayer (Dear Lord, please make this stuff fit, Amen) to get all the individual steaks and salmon goodies squished into the freezer compartment.  Did I mention it took forever to unpack all the goodies and then find room for the now-individual packages in the freezer?    Oh crap on a crutch.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - it was such a pain taking everything back out of the boxes so it would all stack up okay. I love this new 'fridge - but the freezer on the bottom can be a challenge at times even though it does hold a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some good old red meat.....about once a week. I had a fridge with a bottom freezer and loved it. Haven't seen one in years until this past year and they seem to be the "thing" now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Step - I may get to that point some day - just not for now - boy will my doc be surprised at my lower cholesterol coz I was a true carnivore! LOL I absolutely love this new refrigerator because the top doors open to a huge inside where you have room for trays or a full cake unlike the old side-by-sides. Love it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, don't tell me that. I'm planning to buy one of those. Refrigerators not steaks. I have a freezer on the bottom model now but it doesn't pull out which means things jammed in there fall on your foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy- I absolutely love this refrigerator. There is plenty of room in the bottom freezer part, you just have to be organized and big cardboard cartons of stuff take up too much room so we have to put all the Omaha Steaks junk in one piece at a time. Frozen things falling on your foot is not good - now you've entered my life...lol

    ReplyDelete